Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Humility

I am grateful for a mind which has been taught the benefits of a humbling experience.  I am grateful for a husband who is willing to share things which could strengthen our marriage even though I miss his train of thought and don't catch on until later.  I am grateful to have practiced how to translate my whirlwind of emotions into core need "I feel" statements and how that helps me to empathize when I hear someone else trying to process a whirlwind of emotions and then translate their words into those same statements.   (It almost teaches me more than I learned as an Intern Therapist to practice that skill at home.)  I am grateful to understand.

I am grateful for the opportunity to practice saying the words "I'm sorry."  It is a good habit, and one of the marks of a refined woman or man.  I am grateful for a husband who takes the lead in modeling that refined habit.  I am grateful to live in a home where forgiveness is a primary goal, and our undercurrent of care and affection pervades over the little hurts that come with growing together.  I am grateful for the Holy Spirit which speaks truth to my heart and helps me to understand how peace can be made or accepted.  I am grateful for things to be grateful for even when daily life is more simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment